MMM12 Travel Info
How to Get to Ljubljana
Ljubljana is an important railroad junction and can be reached by trains from all major European cities. The railway station is within walking distance of the city centre.
Arriving to Ljubljana by car is easy. Listed below are distances to some nearby cities:
- Zagreb (Croatia) - 139 km
- Trieste (Italy) - 95 km
- Venice (Italy) - 242 km
- Klagenfurt (Austria) - 83 km
- Vienna (Austria) - 380 km
- Munich (Germany) - 408 km
Ljubljana is best served by its International Airport at Brnik, 23 km northwest of the city, with daily connections to most major European cities. From the airport, Ljubljana can be easily reached either by bus shuttle service to Ljubljana bus station (approx. EUR 10) or by taxi (approx. EUR 40).
You may also find it convenient to use one of the neighboring airports such as:
- Trieste (Italy), 128 km southwest of Ljubljana
- Klagenfurt (Austria), 90 km north of Ljubljana
- Zagreb (Croatia), 141 km southeast of Ljubljana
There are direct flights to Ljubljana from: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Manchester, Moscow, Munich, Ohrid, Paris, Podgorica, Prague, Pristina, Rome, Sarajevo, Skopje, Tirana, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.
Arrival and departure transfers by shuttle bus service or private transfers are offered from the Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (commonly known as Brnik Airport).
- Shuttle bus: 9 EUR / person (min 4 persons, price of one way transfer, max. waiting time 1h, VAT incl.)
- Private transfer economy: 38 EUR / car (price of one way transfer, NO waiting time, VAT incl.)
- Private transfer premium: 50 EUR / car (price of one way transfer, NO waiting time, VAT incl.)
- Group transfer: 65 EUR / van (max. 7 persons, price of one way transfer, NO waiting time, VAT incl.)